© Reuters. Ukrainian servicemen drive close to Bakhmut, as Russia’s assault in Ukraine continues, in Donetsk area, jap Ukraine, September 7, 2022. REUTERS/Ammar Awad
(Reuters) – Russian missiles crashed into infrastructure targets throughout Ukraine on Tuesday morning as Moscow stepped up what appeared like a deliberate marketing campaign to destroy electrical energy and water amenities earlier than winter.
* Russian air strikes have destroyed 30% of Ukraine’s energy stations since Oct. 10, inflicting large blackouts throughout the nation, President Volodymyr Zelenskiy stated.
* The northern Ukrainian metropolis of Zhytomyr was left with out water and electrical energy provide after Russian air strikes, its mayor stated.
* Russian forces attacked vitality infrastructure in northern Kyiv, inflicting a number of explosions and sending smoke rising over the town, Ukrainian officers and witnesses stated.
* A Russian missile struck an condominium constructing within the southern port metropolis Mykolaiv, in one in all three explosions heard there within the early hours, a Reuters witness stated.
* Russia nonetheless has not notified the USA about workout routines of its nuclear forces that Washington has stated it expects Moscow to quickly perform, a senior U.S. army official stated on Monday.
* The Kremlin on Tuesday stated that the 4 areas of Ukraine that Russia declared it had annexed in latest weeks fall below the safety of Russia’s nuclear arsenal.
* The West ought to pay attention fastidiously when President Vladimir Putin talks about utilizing nuclear weapons however ought to keep in mind that it’s extra helpful for him to threaten their use than to go forward, the pinnacle of Norway’s armed forces instructed Reuters.
* Ukraine’s state nuclear vitality firm accused Russia of “kidnapping” two senior employees on the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant in southern Ukraine.
* Sensing that Russia has been weakened by its warfare in Ukraine, a few of its closest allies in Central Asia are displaying a newly assertive streak.
* Zelenskiy urged his troops to take extra prisoners, saying on Monday night that this might make it simpler to safe the discharge of troopers being held by Russia, hours after the 2 sides carried out one of many greatest prisoner swaps up to now, exchanging 218 detainees, together with 108 Ukrainian ladies.
* The Kremlin on Tuesday stated it had no details about whether or not or not Iranian “Kamikaze” had been utilized in large-scale assaults towards Ukraine earlier this week.
* Washington on Monday accused Iran of mendacity when it says Iranian drones aren’t being utilized by Russia to launch assaults towards Ukraine. Ukraine has reported a spate of Russian assaults utilizing Iranian-made Shahed-136 drones in latest weeks.
* Exxon Mobil Corp (NYSE:) stated on Monday that it had left Russia utterly after Putin expropriated its properties following seven months of discussions over an orderly switch of its 30% stake in a serious oil venture.
* The Pentagon is contemplating paying for Elon Musk’s Starlink satellite tv for pc community in war-torn Ukraine, Politico reported on Monday, citing two U.S. officers.
* Discussions will proceed on extending and increasing a U.N.-brokered deal permitting Ukrainian Black Sea grain exports, the U.N. spokesman stated on Monday, after U.N. officers held talks in Moscow on the deal.